the Chocolate Lover's Diary

A diary concerning all kinds of chocolate. Here I'll comment on chocolate websites and post test protocolls as well as write about other subjects tied to my favourite pastime. I'll test chocolate of all varieties, from the cheap bars at the shop around the corner to the criollo pralines from Fortnum & Mason.

Name:
Location: Uppsala, Uppland, Sweden

Indoor gardener and christian chocolate lover with too many interests at hand. In my non digital life I spend most of my time playing in the SCA.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Grey day

Today is one of those days when the rain falls like it's determined to soak everything through twice. The only right thing to do is to tuck oneself in with a cup of good hot cocoa and a book....

...but of course, since I'm grown up I have work to do, there's books to be studied, babies to be cared for and bills to be paid.

What I really shouldn't be doing is surfing for chocolate on the web - before lucnh. My God, my stomach is growling! My train of thought started out something like this:
"If I'm a cyberspace chocolate lover perhaps I should take a look on the different webshops for chocolate, do some test ordering and maybe review the outcome."

So I set out to the task and happened to stumble across the website of the Chocolate Society first. I dearly want to become a member of this society; they're english (ie. within EU and less expensive to order from for me), they're posh (I always fall for that) and right now every new member is given a chocolate hamper (I fall for hampers too, especially if they contain chocolate). This is not the first time I risked my keyboard by surfing their website, but it has been a while since I been there. That's why I had a chance to think
"Their membership fee was high, but I may be able to manage it..."

...and then I looked at the fee and felt the hairs rise on my head. Of course, it's quite allright since it's a lifetime membership; not that high at all. On the other hand I still feel that £70 (978SEK, $132) is a bit over my financies. On the other hand... if I save a bit every month....

Ah, well, it's time for lunch! I'll give you a surf report in my next post.

Sweet indulgencies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home