the Chocolate Lover's Diary

A diary concerning all kinds of chocolate. Here I'll comment on chocolate websites and post test protocolls as well as write about other subjects tied to my favourite pastime. I'll test chocolate of all varieties, from the cheap bars at the shop around the corner to the criollo pralines from Fortnum & Mason.

Name:
Location: Uppsala, Uppland, Sweden

Indoor gardener and christian chocolate lover with too many interests at hand. In my non digital life I spend most of my time playing in the SCA.

Friday, July 07, 2006

El Ceibo Cocoa

My current cocoa powder is from El Ceibo (a Bolivian cooperative that use organical methods and is fair trade labled). The powder in itself is pretty light coloured, which made me think something along the lines of
"Is this really cocoa?"
when I prepared my first cup from it.

It is indeed cocoa, and of a pleasant taste. The only thing I'm not entirely happy with is that it seem to contain a small amount of fibrers, which in unfortunate circumstances gives a furry feeling in the mouth. But if you prepare your cocoa in a proper way this "feature" is removed. The taste is chocolate (I have now learned that the finer the cocoa or chocolate, the lesser the possibility that it actually tastes chocolate - unless it is the finest cocoa or chocolate) on the strong side and a hint of coffee. I really liked this one.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find an hyperlink directly to the cooperative, but if you want to buy some you should turn to your local fair trade dealer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home